Shoe Repairer Forum

Timpsons do it again

The sign outside my local T's says non slip PU's only £1 extra. Also had a guy in a couple of weeks ago for some rubbers soles & i noticed they had the guaranteed rhino timpson soles on. So i asked him why he didn't take them back to timpsons for free replacements, he said he did but as they wern't offering that deal anymore they wouldn't honour it. How does that work if they had a life guarantee ? ?

The sign outside my local T's says non slip PU's only £1 extra. Also had a guy in a couple of weeks ago for some rubbers soles & i noticed they had the guaranteed rhino timpson soles on. So i asked him why he didn't take them back to timpsons for free replacements, he said he did but as they wern't offering that deal anymore they wouldn't honour it. How does that work if they had a life guarantee ? ?

Because luckily for you, the guy at your local sounds like the type of c**t you expect us all to be. If it has a lifetime guarantee he should honour it. I refuse to sell them but still keep stock of them for when customers bring them in to be re-done